To refer a patient:
- complete our Health Care Provider Referral Form and medical clearance to register your patient
- download a Medical Practitioners Referral form, Health Professional Referral Form or Cancer Support Referral Form
- complete a form for each client and fax it to 1300 013 242 or email to email@example.com.
Referral forms are also available on Medical Director and Best Practice software.
What happens after I refer a patient?
After receiving your referral, we contact the patient. To make sure people are suitable to take part in the service, we complete a screening assessment. This includes questions about:
- any recent hospitalisations
- chronic conditions
- illnesses relating to the heart, lungs or brain
- physical conditions, including pregnancy
- mental health concerns
- special dietary considerations.
If these questions highlight any potential risks, the participant is referred to their GP to get medical clearance before joining the program.
With the patient’s consent, you can receive progress updates at the start, middle and end of the program.