Get Healthy Services Evaluation Report 5 years
O'Hara B J, Phongsavan P, McGill B, Maxwell M, Ahmed N, Raheb S, Bauman AE. The NSW Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service: the first five years. North Sydney: NSW Ministry of Health & Prevention Research Collaboration, University of Sydney, 2014
Get Healthy in Pregnancy
- Rissel et al. Piloting a telephone based health coaching program for Pregnant women: A mixed methods study.Maternal and Child Health Journal, 2019.
- O’Hara BJ, Phongsavan P, Eakin EG, Develin E, Smith J, Greenaway M, Bauman AE. Effectiveness of Australia’s Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service: maintenance of self-reported anthropometric and behavioural changes after program completion. BMC Public Health 2013 13:175.
- O’Hara BJ, Bauman AE, Phongsavan P. Using mass-media communications to increase population usage of Australia’s Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service. BMC Public Health 2012, 12:762.
Gestational Weight Gain
- Clements et al.,Pragmatic cluster randomised trial of a free telephone-based health coaching program to support women in managing weight gain during pregnancy: the Get Healthy in Pregnancy Trial. BMC Health Service Research. 2016.
Get Healthy Service
- O’Hara BJ, Phongsavan P, Banovic D, Bauman AE. The story of the NSW Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service: An effective population health service with public health impact and reach. Ministry of Health and Prevention Research Collaboration: University of Sydney, 2012.
- O’Hara BJ, Bauman AE, King L, Phongsavan P. Process evaluation of the advertising campaign for the NSW Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service. Health Promotion Journal of Australia 2011: 22(1).
- O’Hara et al. Characteristics of participant in Australia’s Get Healthy telephone-based lifestyle information and coaching service: reaching disadvantaged communities and those most at need. Health Education Research 2011.
- Lawler et al., Get Healthy after Breast Cancer - examining the feasibility, acceptability and outcomes of referring breast cancer survivors to a general population telephone-delivered program targeting physical activity, healthy diet and weight loss. Support Care Cancer. DOI 10.1007/s00520-017-3599-6. 25:1953-1962. 2017.
Type 2 Diabetes Risk Reduction
- Cranney et al., Telephone based coaching for adults at risk of diabetes: impact of Australia’s Get Healthy Service. Society of Behavioural medicine, 2019
- Cranney et al., Formative research to promote the Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service (GHS) in the Australian-Chinese community. Australia Journal or Primary Health. 2018
- Fehily et al.,Evaluating the effectiveness of a healthy lifestyle clinician in addressing the chronic disease risk behaviours of community mental health clients: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Biomed Central, 2017.
- Quinn et al., Enhancing the get healthy information and coaching service for Aboriginal adults: evaluation of the process and impact of the program. International Journal for Equity in Health, 2017.
- Winch et al.,The reach and flow of health information in two Aboriginal communities. Australian Journal of Primary Health, 2016.