Find ways to move more so that you can:
- Maintain good health
- Manage your weight
- Reduce your risk of chronic diseases
Busy lifestyles can prevent us from regular activity, but we can get creative and sneak some extra energy burning moves into our day.
- 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity most days of the week to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- 60-90 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity most days of the week to lose weight
Start small and gradually work your way up to 60-90 minutes of physical activity. The activity you do should noticeably increase your heart rate. Some examples of moderate intensity activity include brisk walking, dancing, gardening, and active involvement in games and sport with children.
Learn more about getting active by visiting Australia's Physical Activity & Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines for Adults (18-64 years).
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Ride a bike instead of taking the bus.
- Sit less - walk & talk while you’re on the phone.
- Think of ways you can slip incidental exercises into your day!
- Use the Get Healthy activity planner to help plan and keep track of what you do to keep active.
GET HEALTHY TODAY!
Talk to a Get Healthy Service Health Coach on 1300 806 258 or start your journey here! Alternatively you can ask your GP or Allied Health Professional for a referral to the Get Healthy Service at your next appointment.