200g dried rice stick noodles
2 cups chopped cooked skinless chicken breast*
1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
200g snow peas, cut into thin strips
5 green shallots, thinly sliced
1 small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
2 tbs lime juice
2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
2 tbs salt reduced soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
*Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick
1. Prepare noodles as directed on packet. Drain, rinse under cold water then drain again and chop roughly with kitchen scissors.
2. Combine noodles, chicken, capsicum, snow peas, shallots and coriander.
3. To make dressing, whisk together lime juice, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil.
4. Add dressing to noodle salad and toss gently to mix well.
5. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Tip: To toast sesame seeds, stir over heat in a small ungreased frypan until light golden. Be careful not to burn them.
Nutrients Per Serve
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||5 minutes|
This recipe has been sourced from the Healthy Kids website.
Please visit www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au for more healthy kid-friendly recipes.