Canola or olive oil cooking spray*
13/4 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
1 tsp mixed spice
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/3 cup sultanas*
1 cup (1 medium) grated carrot
140g tub apple puree
2 x large eggs, lightly beaten*
1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil*
1/2 cup reduced fat milk*
*Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick
1. Lightly grease a small 12cm x 22cm loaf pan with cooking spray and line with baking paper to cover base and extend up sides of pan.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
3. Sift flour and spice into a large bowl, adding husks left in sieve to the bowl. Set aside 1 tbs of the raw sugar for topping. Stir in the remaining sugar, sultanas and grated carrot and make a well in the centre.
4. Add apple puree, eggs, oil and milk and stir until combined.
5. Spread mixture into prepared pan, sprinkle with extra sugar and bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until cooked in centre when tested with a skewer.
6. Stand loaf in pan for 10 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool. Serve sliced.
Nutrients Per Serve
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||50-55 minutes|
This recipe has been sourced from the Healthy Kids website.
Please visit www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au for more healthy kid-friendly recipes.