430g loaf Turkish bread*
Olive oil cooking spray*
400g can chick peas, rinsed and drained*
2 cups (60g) baby spinach leaves
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tbs tahini (sesame seed paste)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbs water, approximately
Freshly cracked black pepper
Raw vegetable pieces (e.g. carrot, celery, beans), to serve
*Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick
1. Cut Turkish bread into 1cm thick slices and spray with cooking spray.
2. Toast slices under a preheated grill or in a char-grill pan until crisp and lightly browned on both sides.
3. Process chick peas, spinack and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
4. Add tahini, lemon juice, cumin and water and process again until smooth.
5. Transfer mixture to a bowl and season with pepper. If consistency is too thick, stir in a little extra water.
6. Serve dip with Turkish toasts and vegetable pieces.
Nutrients Per Serve
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 minutes|
This recipe has been sourced from the Healthy Kids website.
Please visit www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au for more healthy kid-friendly recipes.